03 January 2015

New Year

Hello internets!  I know it's been awhile.  I hardly know where to start, it's been a crazy busy six months.  So what have I been up to?  Back in August I decided to go back to Weight Watchers.  I was having a difficult time finding a surgeon to see here in DFW.  I can understand why - the hard part was over.  The surgery was done, it was just follow up appointments after.  But I knew I needed a way to have some checks and balances about what I was eating and how much.  Since August and being back at Weight Watchers I've lost almost 20 pounds.  I like going to my weekly meetings.  If you live in the Grapevine/Colleyville area and are looking for weekly inspiration to meet your weight loss goals, Cassie's meetings at WW in Grapevine are the way to go.

I've had some non-scale victories in the meantime.  Today, for the first time since I was in college, I fit into a size 10 pair of pants - a cute pair of skinny corduroys from Loft.  They are now my favorite pair of pants, ha ha.  I also can wear regular size boots - not wide calf sized.  I was sidelined from running the past few weeks with a foot injury, but was able to get out on the road today and boy did it feel good.  I've got a 5K fun run the first weekend in February and then the Krispy Kreme Challenge in Raleigh on Valentine's weekend.  Then it's on to the Zoo Run in March.  I need to get back into the pace of things.

Other things I've been able to do - I took the vacation of a lifetime and went to Hawaii for a week.  It was a gift to myself for losing the weight and for finishing my degree.  Since I started this WLS journey back in February of 2013, I've lost over 100 pounds.  It feels so weird to say that, but it's true.  And yes, I completed my dissertation and it was approved!  So I'm now Dr. Mancone - CRAZY!  Technically I won't be awarded the degree/diploma until May 2015, but I am effectively done.  Woohoo!!!

And then I met someone. I had dated a couple of guys through the summer and into the fall (one at a time of course).  None of them clicked really and then on November 6, I walked into The Foundry and met P.  And that was it.  Stars in my eyes, the whole deal, head over heels.  I won't go into too many details, in case he stumbles on this.  But he's sweet, caring, smart, we have the same interests in books and movies, we can talk about anything.  He's a good Southern boy - i can't remember the last time I opened a door ;)

2014 was such an incredible year.  Settling back into my life in Texas, meeting P, achieving my weight loss goals, finishing my degree, traveling to Hawaii, an awesome and amazing family wedding.  I can't wait to see what 2015 has in store.

Current Stats
Previous Weight: 194.9
Current Weight: 178

Lost: 16.9
Total pounds lost since 26 June 2013 (270):  92

No comments:

Post a Comment