11 July 2013

Food, Glorious Food

I had my post-op appointment with Doc on Tuesday.  It went well.  Everything looks good.  I was hoping he would let me go back to work on Wednesday, but no dice.  He said that they would prefer that I had a few days of eating solid foods in me before going back to work.  So I start back on Monday.  He also said I could start eating solid foods on Day 15 post-op.

Today was Day 15.  Hooray for solid food!  Not all solid foods mind you - I have a list of approved soft foods.  I'm so thrilled to be off the all-protein-drink diet that I don't mind that I have limited options for the next 3-6 weeks.  So what did I eat?  For breakfast I had 3oz of non-fat Greek yogurt.  I mixed a mashed banana and some sugar-free Torani Vanilla syrup into it.  The vanilla really gave it an extra kick.  I had a little bit of cottage cheese for a snack.  For lunch I had 2oz of tuna with a tsp of chipotle dressing and a half a container of sugar-free vanilla pudding.  Dinner was a half of a black bean burger with ketchup and mustard (no bun) and 1/2 cup of mashed potatoes.  Finally, for a snack I had a slice of American cheese and a slice of deli chicken.  With some subtle variations, this will be my diet for the next 3-6 weeks.  

Current Stats
Previous Weight: 252.6
Current Weight: 249.2

No comments:

Post a Comment