27 July 2013

With the Nutritionist

As part of my pre-op I had to meet with a nutritionist.  Now that I'm post-op, I still meet with the nutritionist. I have free lifetime access to the nutrition staff at Brigham.  My nutritionist is Meghan.  She's great.  We talk about any issues I'm having with food (I need to work on my pacing at dinner, I need to continually work to slow down my pace).  We also talk about what I'm eating and how much.  I showed her my food journal, which she said looked good.  I explained that I've had no tolerance issues, I seem to be digesting everything okay, including spicy foods.  

With that, she said that I could start incorporating regular food into my diet.  Yeah!  So I went all out last night and instead of having mashed potatoes with my turkey, I had beets.  I know, I live dangerously y'all.  I still need to be wary of rice and pasta, but I can start to eat just about everything else.

Current Stats
Previous Weight: 248
Current Weight: 246.5

Total pounds lost since 26 June 2013: 23.5

No comments:

Post a Comment