31 January 2014

Paying the Price

I have been maintaining my workout regimen pretty well.  I ran on the treadmill last Saturday and Sunday.  I missed AquaFit on Monday, but made it to Zumba Tuesday night, AquaFit Wednesday night, and Zumba again last night.  Now, if you know anything about me you know I'm competitive.  If I can push harder at something I will.  Which is how I've been approaching my workout the last few weeks.  Now that I've found this new zone where with my diet and exercise I am averaging 1.5-2 pounds lost a week, I am working hard at maintaining it.  I was down another 1.5 pounds this week.

All that to say, my back has been incredibly tight lately.  Not pain, I don't really have pain just tightness across my back.  Stretching feels oh so good.  And I signed up for a massage.  Next Friday after work.  I am so so looking forward to it.  So what's on tap for this weekend?  Well I can't hit the gym tomorrow morning, I am attending Graduation 101 at UNT because I am scheduled to graduate in May.  Hopefully I get out at a decent time and I'd like to hit the gym after that.  Sunday I'll definitely make it to the gym and then I need to work on some edits from my committee on Chapters 1&2.  There weren't many so I'll be able to do some work on 3&4 as well.  Just keep swimming is what I tell myself.  I am pushing so hard to get this dissertation done.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  My finishing this semester is an incredibly aggressive timeline, but I am committed to doing it.  Almost there. And I'm going to look good and feel great when I cross that stage in May.

Current Stats
Previous Weight: 212.0
Current Weight: 210.5

Lost: 1.5
Total pounds lost since 26 June 2013 (270):  59.5  

No comments:

Post a Comment