22 January 2014

And We're Back

Dear readers - it's been awhile hasn't it?  My mom asked me a little while ago about why there hadn't been a blog post lately.  To which I had to reply, there really wasn't anything to report.  I had kind of plateaued at 215.  Which, to be fair, wasn't a terrible place to be at considering where I had been before.  Taking into account the 10 pounds I lost before the surgery and the 55 that came off after the surgery, those came off pretty easily.  I didn't really have to think about it.  Well, I found the point where I really had to start to think about it.  Not that I wasn't measuring my food or exercising appropriate portion control, but I wasn't eating as healthily as I could and I was probably going to have to bump up the exercise.

It's not that I'm not happy with how I look and feel now - I feel great.  I move better, I feel better, but I knew I was going to have to commit to working out more instead of just a few times a week.  So I bought a fitbit.  It tracks a bunch of things - my weight, my steps, my activity level, my calories in/calories out, etc.  I track all of my food and portions.  The info syncs between my phone and my computer and my wristband.  It also tracks my sleep.  For those who have known me for a while, you know what a terrible sleeper I am.

I could have stopped where I was at and maintained that easily enough, but I didn't have the surgery just for it to be easy.  I want to be even healthier than I am now.  I'm not done yet.  It helps that I have some milestones coming up that I want to hit.  Not only do I have my cousin's wedding in December which is less than a year away now, but my 15 year college reunion is in June.  And I'm going.  Flight is booked, hotel is reserved and I am headed back to Fairfield to see everyone.  So I have a goal in mind and I know if I work at it and keep on course, I will get there.


Current Stats
Previous Weight: 215.0
Current Weight: 213.5

Lost: 1.5
Total pounds lost since 26 June 2013 (270):  56.5 

No comments:

Post a Comment