18 February 2012

Bluegrass State

This was a good week. The Kentucky trip was nice. The conference was great - I got to attend some excellent sessions and have a list of ideas to bring back to campus. The food options weren't great, we were kind of limited, but there was a Subway next to my hotel. I also made use of the gym at my hotel every day. Seriously. I would get up, go to the gym, head down to the breakfast buffet and have something to eat. I was very conscientious about what I got to eat. It would have been so easy to go overboard. Coffee, two pancakes (normal size, nothing enormous), two slices of bacon, fruit, and 4 oz of yogurt. I also would have 4 oz of apple juice. It's a little more than my usual for breakfast, but I usually have a snack between breakfast and lunch and I knew that I wouldn't be able to do that during the sessions, and I didn't want to be ravenous at lunch time.

The rest of my meals were all over the place but I tried to keep everything in check. One of my lunch meals I ate at a restaurant at the hotel. I ordered a turkey sandwich, light on the mayo. It came with sweet potato fries. The turkey sandwich was HUGE. Way too much, so I only ate about a third of the sandwich and most of the fries. Another night I had a sandwich from Subway with Baked Lays. Another night I had two slices of pizza. I also drank a lot of water. For once in all of my travels, the water at the hotel didn't have a weird taste to it. So I kept refilling my water bottles. I'm a Hilton Honors Gold member, so got 2 free bottles of water when I checked in. Perfect. I refilled those at least three times a day.

At this conference there is a vendor area and the vendors host breaks twice a day. The afternoon break on day one was an ice cream break. Ice cream is a huge weakness of mine and this was Graeter's ice cream. For those of you not in the know, Graeter's is an Ohio company and they make the best ice cream. Seriously, the best ice cream I've ever had. I haven't had Graeter's since I was in grad school at Ohio State. So I got one scoop. One scoop of Black Raspberry Chip was all I needed. I got my taste in and didn't overindulge. It was the perfect afternoon pick me up.

The morning after I got back from Kentucky I got on the scale just to see how I did while I was away. I was hoping to maintain. I was down! So exciting. The exercise helped I'm sure of it. I weighed in this morning officially at my meeting and I was down 2 pounds! I haven't had a week like that in a long time. It felt so good and was so so motivating. I'm definitely going to try to keep up the exercising 4 times a week. I know that's what pushed me over from a good week to a great week.

Weekly stats:
Current weight: 256.2
Lost: 2.0
Total Lost: 3.8

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job!! I know how maintaining the good choices at a conference can be difficult, but I am so proud of you!! And the Black Raspberry Chip was a good decision...one of my favs. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Libby! Conference eating is hard - I was thankful for the Subway and the gym. That helped even things out for me I think.

    ReplyDelete