11 February 2012

Off to Kentucky

No WW meeting for me this week. I am leaving shortly for the airport. I have a conference in Kentucky until Wednesday. This week was okay. The beginning of the week was easier, it gets progressively more difficult as the week goes on. Let's backtrack to Super Bowl Sunday. I made a crock pot dish - buffalo chicken. Very points friendly. Instead of putting the shredded buffalo chicken on a big sub roll, I used the Orowheat (that's Arnold brand for you East Coasters) sandwich thins and instead of blue cheese, I spread laughing cow cheese on the bread. Seriously, it was so so tasty. I paired that with a salad and had that for dinner every night until Thursday, when sadly the chicken was all gone.

Lunches - I discovered the best salad at Walmart of all places. I never shop at Walmart. Someone I work with though told me about the premade salads they have in the deli/produce area. I tried the southwest salad. Dressing included, it's very points friendly and there's a ton of lettuce so it's very filling. I pair that with some fruit and a granola bar for lunch.

The end of the week though is when the snack monster knocks on my door. Especially when I'm reading, I like to crunch on something. So I invested in an air popper. Air popped popcorn with no oil. All natural. I get nervous eating so much microwave popcorn, there's a decent amount of chemicals in those bags. When I get back from Kentucky I'm going to try out the popper.

I didn't get as much exercise in this week as I would have liked. I came home from work with a headache a few nights this week so all I really wanted to do was eat dinner, take some motrin pm, and crawl into bed. So that's what I did. I did pack my work out gear to take on my trip though. I'd like to get a work out in at least 3 of the 5 days I'm there.

No meeting this week, so my weigh in this morning was on the home scale. It's pretty close to the scale at my WW meeting, so I'm pretty confident in the readout. I was down 1.3 pounds this week. Definitely exciting and definitely motivating to stick to my tracking, try to exercise more, and see what results I can get.

Weekly stats:
Current weight: 258.2
Lost: 1.3
Total Lost: 1.8

No comments:

Post a Comment