05 February 2012

A Loss is a Loss

Growing up in the Northeast, fast food wasn't really a thing. Kind of like how college football isn't really a thing. You don't realize what's out there until you move away. We had your typical McDonald's and Burger King, Dunkin Donuts of course, the occasional Wendy's, KFC, and Taco Bell. Here in the South they have all that and more. Not just Taco Bell but Taco Bueno, Taco Casa, and Taco Cabana. Not just KFC, but Chick-fil-a, Church's, and Popeye's. Not just McDonald's and BK, but Sonic, Jack in the Box, and Whataburger too. There are just a lot of options and it's too easy to stop and grab something on the go. And it's so tasty. I've never seen such a proliferation of fast food and restaurants as I have since I moved South. As someone who loves food and loves to eat, it's like a Mecca. When I eat at these places though, I need to make better choices. I need to think long term about how the choices I make at a particular meal impact my weight loss.

I'm heading to Kentucky in a week for a conference and I'm already thinking about how I can manage what I'm eating. If I was driving, I'd bring my own snacks, fruit, and breakfast. Since I'm flying, I'll pack breakfast bars so I don't have to eat breakfast out every morning. Some of the meals are through the actual conference, so I'll be limited in my options there. I'm also packing my work out gear so I can get some activity points in to balance out what I'm eating.

This last week was good. I had weigh in yesterday and since Wednesday I lost a half a pound. Not a great number, but a loss is a loss. My meeting this week was great. The topic was about snacking and the Super Bowl. The topic wasn't super exciting to me since I had already planned out what I was going to make for the Super Bowl. It's nothing out of the ordinary - buffalo chicken in the crockpot. What I find so compelling about meetings are the people. It always is. It's so inspiring to go and hear about the progress people have made. Someone I am friendly with at the meeting hit the 100 pound mark this week. She's a little older than I am and she reminds me a bit of my Auntie Jo - not just in her looks, but in her demeanor. I was so so thrilled for her. Hearing these stories of progress keep me motivated. I can do this.

Weekly Stats:
Current Weight: 259.5
Lost: .5
Total Lost: .5

No comments:

Post a Comment