26 February 2012

So Close

This week was a good week, food wise. The key for me is planning, so when I do my grocery shopping for the week I figure out what my meals and snacks are going to be for the week. Breakfast is usually oatmeal and coffee with a snack of yogurt and a piece of fruit mid morning. Lunch lately has been salad with grilled chicken and a granola bar of some type. Dinner is something I've made Sunday evening and plan to eat for most of the week. I also toss in a salad and some corn or green beans. There are times though when something interferes with that. For example on Thursday a co-worker and I spontaneously decided to go to Olive Garden. We always get the Soup & Salad lunch. Two bowls of the soup I get are about 8 points. Not bad for an Olive Garden meal. I don't generally eat salad out, so I don't eat the salad at Olive Garden. Which is probably good since it comes drenched in dressing. I know I can ask for it without, but I don't bother because my dining companion is the only one eating it so I let her order whatever she wants. I did have two breadsticks though. I should have had one but had a second and as soon as I finished I knew I had eaten too much. That's the new part I need to get a better handle on. I actually do a pretty good job of not overeating, but occasionally when I am out to lunch or dinner I push it too far. I wasn't so worried about the points per se, as I had some weeklies left and I didn't go that far over my daily allowance. I modified my dinner a little bit so my lunch became my big meal of the day.

I did get in a decent amount of exercise. I was able to work out four days last week. I'm hoping to stretch it to five this week, but if I can keep it to at least four, I'll be happy with that.

I didn't weigh myself this week at all so was unsure what the scale at WW would say when I weighed in this week. I was hoping for 1.2 pounds so I would hit my 5 pound mark. It was 0.8. I was tempted to write "only 0.8", but 0.8 is almost a pound and if I keep tracking and working out I'll hit 5 pounds next week. More importantly was that this was my third week in a row with a loss. That means more to me than the 0.8 frankly. I spent the last few months gaining and losing the same 2 pounds. It was my own fault. I was counting points kind of but not really and working out occasionally. I was going to meetings but not really working the program. At the beginning of this month I recommitted to really doing the program and making this a lifestyle change. Since doing that I've lost every week.

Weekly Stats:
Current Weight: 255.4
Lost: 0.8
Total Lost: 4.6

No comments:

Post a Comment